SARC's Awareness (Level 1) class teaches volunteers the unique procedures, skills, and knowledge necessary to build and operate a temporary emergency animal shelter in response to natural disasters and large cruelty cases.
Our courses are FEMA and Florida Division of Emergency Management certified, and have been created with the experts at SART and UF Veterinary Emergency Treatment Service Team. We partner with national organizations such as the ASPCA as well as local shelters to ensure animals have the help when they need it most.
Florida SARC will teach you:
- Disaster management.
- Ensuring you are ready to deploy.
- Designing an emergency animal shelter.
- Responding appropriately to animal behavior.
- Recognizing diseases and parasites.
- Cleaning and disinfecting appropriately.
- Tearing down ready for the next disaster.
Join us to learn how to save companion animals when disasters happen at a local,
national or state level. Use code SART at
checkout to receive this in-depth training for FREE